Re: USB 2 Switching

On 26/06/05, vinai <vroopcha@mcw.edu> wrote:
> On 26/06/05, Federico 'Pain' Pistono <fppain@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 26/06/05, vinai <vroopcha@mcw.edu> wrote:
>
> Ok, I solved, sorry for bothering.

Excellent !!  What was your solution ?  You should send a copy back
to the list also, so others know your issue has been resolved, and
that others can find a solution, if they run into the same issue...

cheers
vinai

The problem was solved
1 unloading all the usb modules instead of just the one I was inetrested,
2 unplug,
3 load them all again
4 plug in.

A script should do it fast and clear, pretty easy, just a combination of rmmod, depmod and modprobe.

Now it runs fast without rebooting, in just a few seconds.

Cheers

Federico

--
Federico 'Pain' Pistono - Scream for me....
Department of Computer Science - Verona, Italy

Linux Registered User #340392