Re: Porting ppc Linux to Xbox 360?

Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
Hi all

Powerpc on Mac is gone. I'm looking for another ppc computer for the
day when the Titanium IV that I have currently will be gone down the
river.

I learned that Xbox 360, which will be available "this holiday season
in Europe, Japan, and North America"
<http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/factsheet.htm> has an IBM Powerpc
CPU, with 3 cores, running at 3.2 GHz each. With just a fast glance on
the factsheet above it seems to me this machine could be worth running
an OS being worth the name.

Some Hardware excerpts (available from the page mentioned above):

" Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM,
CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD"

"Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g"

Memory: "512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM"

ATI Graphics Processor "10 MB of embedded DRAM" (that's not that much,
is it?)

"Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive"

It seems there's already some work planned to port Linux to this
little jewel:

http://www.free60.org/wiki/Main_Page

So here's what I'd be interested to know:

Are there chances that those maintaining today's ppc branch of the
Linux kernel, and the rest of the ppc linux system, might want to turn
Xbox 360 to a full fledged PPC Linux computer? Anyone out there with
the necessary knowledge being interested in that?

Don't leave me alone with PeeCees.

Anyone out there?

Thanks in anticipation
Wolfgang

Hi,

if you search a PowerPc Computer, I found Amigaone sealers.
http://www.eyetech.co.uk/
http://www.amont-info.com/

bye