Re: ATI 9600 3d acceleration

On 6/18/05, Tamas K Papp <tpapp@princeton.edu> wrote:
> I have a 15" Albook (PowerBook5,4) with an

Hi,

I have a 5,2

eddy@merci:~$ lspci
0000:00:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth 2 AGP
0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350
[Mobility Radeon 9600 M10]

> Is it possible to get 3d acceleration working in debian-ppc linux?  I

There is an effort to make it work; http://r300.sf.net
The page does not seem active at first glance, but they are working; I
am subscribed to their commit list that send messages whenevr somebody
checks in code.

I never tried the drivers, but I would be also interested to know what
is the current status.

> found references to earlier ATI cards on the list, but not this one.
> If it is currently impossible, I'd appreciate somebody telling me so I
> would not keep on trying.

I think you should wait until r300 is ready, or you can try now :) ;
maybe it will work for you and you will tell me, too :)

--
Regards,
EddyP