Re: Apple's Developer Transition Kit

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 21:04 +0200, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> On Thursday 09 June 2005 07:55, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > It would be definitely useful for others to start grasping a bit
> > about how the PowerMac hardware works ;) I could use help in many
> > places there.
>
> Do you have any pointers, reference pages or books to recommend?
>
> Most OS websites are very x86 centric and I find it hard to find
> practical documentation about other architectures.

Not exactly. There is the old MacTech.pdf which gives some insight into
the macio ASIC (though it did evolve significantly since then), and open
firmware device-tree is the main source of information.

I've been thinking about doing a talk about the Apple HW for linux
kongress or such, but with the recent announce, I suppose it's
pointless. I suppose I could still try to write a document giving an
overview of how the thing  is setup.

Be.