Re: DWL G122

On 6/8/05, Andrea Lusuardi - UoVoBW <linolusu@tin.it> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:09:57 +0200
> Sylvain Joyeux <sylvain.joyeux@m4x.org> wrote:
>
> > It does work quite well here with an Asus wl-167g (not tested WEP
> > though)
> >
> > For your problem, you should first check what iwconfig and ifconfig
> > say.
> >
> > Sylvain
> >

> that's the problem!
> iwconfig reports:
>
> eth0 no wireless extensions
>
> lo no wireless extensions
>
> tunl0 no wireless extensions
>
> and evend trying with
>
> iwconfig wlan0 up
>
> does not work.
> I get: no such device...
>
> I think something about maybe usb networking is missing (i can use
> other usb devices, printer, mouse, flash pen) o something about wlan
> (although wlan module is loaded.)

I don't know what's missing.
I have :
----------------------
# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

eth1      no wireless extensions.

sit0      no wireless extensions.

eth2      IEEE 802.11  ESSID:""
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
          Bit Rate:0 kb/s   Tx-Power:50 dBm   Sensitivity=0/3
          Retry:off   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=0/94  Signal level=-95 dBm  Noise level=-95 dBm

Bin