Re: Re: install 2nd HD G5

Wesley writes:
Ok, after I mounted /dev/sdb3 I did:

chroot /mnt/ubuntu /bin/bash
source /etc/profile

Is this what you mean by chroot with ybin?  When you say ybin will
take the yaboot.conf in the /etc of ubuntu are you referring to the
yaboot.conf created by the live CD and not the one in /mnt/ubuntu
where I mounted /dev/sdb3?

thanks,
wes

Yes, but I'm not sure why you're doing the source. Do you need a particular environment? (Also...I'm a ksh person...I thought that bash used the sysV conventions, e.g. ". /etc/profile") Anyway, you can also do it directly, e.g. "chroot /mnt/ur.sdb3.mnt.pt /usr/sbin/ybin".

jeff