install 2nd HD G5

Hi everyone,

I tried to get Debian to boot from a 2nd HD on a G5 today but had no
luck.  Here's what I did:

used Ubuntu live CD to get into tthe system:

--mounted sdb3 whre my /root lies
--edited /etc/yaboot.conf and made it look like this:
-----------------
boot=/dev/sdb2
device=/ht@0,f2000000/pci@5/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata@1/disk@0:
partition=3
root=/dev/sdb3
timeout=100
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
ofboot=/ht@0,f2000000/pci@5/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata@1/disk@0:2
enablecdboot
enableofboot
macosx=/dev/sda9
default=Linux

image=/boot/vmlinux
        label=Linux
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img

image=/boot/vmlinux.old
        label=old
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img.old
------------------
--mounted /proc
--ran ybin -v (seems that everything worked)
--restarted and chose linux from the yaboot menu
--got put pack into the "option" menu

I noticed while doing this that I also have yaboot.conf in /dev/sdb2
where by boot install lies.  What is the relationship between these 2
yaboot.confs?

Also, if Debian won't boot from the yaboot menu, is there another way
to get it to load?  And, what can I do to verify that my yaboot
settings and OF settings are indeed correct for my machine?

many thanks for any advice,
wes