Re: external monitor on 12" powerbook

>These options got my external display working.  The laptop LCD is not
>off but it is displaying some parts of the external X display sort of
>all mixed up and at the wrong resolution.

I have the same thing with the new powerbook on the laptop LCD. But my real problem is that only the half of my desktop appears on the external display.  The other part of my external display stays black.
Anyboby has the same problem?

On 6/2/05, Michael Thon <mrthon@verizon.net> wrote:

> "Plug in the adapter cable on boot (or when resuming from disk), no
> need
> to have the screen connected yet. Later after you attached the external
> display use:
>         Option          "CrtcNumber"            "0"
>         Option          "FlatPanel"             "0"
> in your X configs device section. Works fine on NV17 and NV32 with
> X.org
> 6.8.0 but should also work with recent XFree86. You then have the
> console's on the pbooks LCD and X on the external screen. Not perfect,
> but...

These options got my external display working.  The laptop LCD is not
off but it is displaying some parts of the external X display sort of
all mixed up and at the wrong resolution.  If this does not harm the
display then I can deal with it.  I think I read something about this
in another thread so I'll have to do some more digging.

With these options, the internal display is stilled messed up, even
when I disconnect the external display and restart X.  I wonder if I
can have X check for the presence of the external and use it when it is
present, else, use the internal.  I'll see if I can find some more info
about what these options are actually doing.

thanks for your help
Mike