Re: list of PowerMac sound hardware TO-DO (help welcome)

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 04:13:15PM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 15:19 +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> > > Regarding overall pmac ALSA support, is there a table that shows what
> > > works and what is broken for each supported sound hardware? Such a table
> > > could go a long way towards helping whoever will pocket the $500 Ubuntu
> > > bounty for fixing ALSA for all pmac sound hardware variants.
> >
> > Not exactly, you are welcome to start such a table though :)
>
> This is what I have so far:
>
> 				------works y/n------
> CHIPSET         MODELS          BEEP            ALSA
> awacs
> burgundy        G3 iMac         no              no
> daca
> keywest
> tumbler

Another entry could be:

  awacs           PowerBook G4    no              no
                  (post Feb 2005)

This is with a patched 2.6.11.4 kernel (you should have a kernel
column in your table).  I did not yet try the MiniMac patch.  Details
are at http://seehuhn.de/comp/powerbook/

All the best,
Jochen
--