Re: Ibook G4 sleep

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 14:05 +0100, Colin Leroy wrote:
> On 21 Mar 2005 at 21h03, Eric Pineault wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Otherwise my wireless USB device is more or less stable, D-link
> > DWL-122, I have a script that manually starts, would like to have it
> > kick off on boot, and I often loose the link for no apparent reason,
> > don't have this problem with with airport extreme in OS X, or with
> > neatgear pcmcia wireless with Debianb SID...
>
> The DWL-122 uses the linux-wlan-ng driver, doesn't it?
Yes it does.

> I found it very
> clumsy. It breaks every kernel release or so, doesn't manage to upload
> the firmware half the time, etc. I've had more luck with a zd1201-based
> USB stick (like the Peabird PEAB-WL-USB);
OK found the product on the net
>  I think it's mainly due to
> the fact that this driver is in-kernel since 2.6.12-rc1.
Gee ubuntu is still working with 2.6.10. I think its time for me to stop
being lazy and compile my own kernel. Just a question, if you or an
other has an IBook G4, any indications concerning kernel version and
config, I usually avoid the latest version,
I want to have appropriate sleep support and obviously working usb wifi.

> Concerning prism2-based USB sticks, I sent one to Greg KH, so he'll be
> able to put its driver in-kernel one day or another -and I expect it
> to work much better by then :)

I'll get get the new stick then, thanks