X-Window configurations

Hi folks,

I finally got Debian 30r4 running on my G3 Powerbook.
Just have yet got the configurations for the x-window up.

According to the install doc, it recommended  a 59-63 horizontal sync
range and to set the mouse device as /dev/input/mice.
Other than that, the rest of the conf I set was the default (might not
be default coz i selected the first setting in the list).
After the configuration, i tried to fire up startx or xdm, no luck, all
i got was streaks of colours like colour test monitor (be it login as
root or user)
Anyone has a more successful congfigurations for a powerbook to share.

thanks

pharme