Re: alsa mixer controls

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 00:32 +0100, Florian Reitmeir wrote:

> i just wonderd about alle the mixer controls of my iBook G4.
>
> there is:
>
> Headphon
> Bass
> Trebele
> PCM
> PCM 1
> PC Speak
> Auto Mute
> Beep
> DRC
> DRC Rang
> Monitor
>
> some are clear, others not. i just searched with google for a while and
> controllers like 'DRC'/'DRC Rang'/'Monitor' didn't show up with some useful
> explanation.

DRC is Dynamic Range Compression. The range mixer defines the range it
compresses to, so if DRC is enabled with an empty range you mostly hear
nothing.

Monitor is the level at which input is forwarded to output directly
(watch out for the feedback loop via the built-in microphone!).

I've wondered myself what 'PCM 1' is, anyone?