Re: powerpc and cdrecord with kernel 2.6
- To: Debian-Powerpc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: powerpc and cdrecord with kernel 2.6
- From: Giuseppe Sacco <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 01:02:58 +0100
- Message-id: <1100563378.4492.130.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <20041115233839.GA1541@pegasos>
- References: <1100548353.4493.48.camel@localhost> <20041115233839.GA1541@pegasos>
Il giorno mar, 16-11-2004 alle 00:38 +0100, Sven Luther ha scritto:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 08:52:33PM +0100, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> > Sometimes i do not get any error but the burned CD isn't readable.
> > I have similar problems even on i386 and I inquired the cdrecord author.
> > He said that there are some problems in kernels from, at least, 2.6.8.
> Fixed in latest debian kernels normally, if you still see it, please fill bug
I am using 2.6.9 since I am testing a patch I wish to be included in
actual kernel. The patch works for 2.6.8 and 2.6.9, and it is required
in order to make work a SCSI pcmcia I use.
I just reported a bug, providing the patch: #281434. If this patch would
be included in the debian shipped kernel, then I will gladly switch to
it as soos as the kernel hit unstable.