Re : 64bit PPC and Debian

Le 04.11.2004 09:58:22, Helge Kreutzmann a écrit :
Hello,
my current 64bit machine is reaching EOL and I am looking for a
replacement. One option I seriously consider is using the current
64bit machines from Apple.

Debian is only 32bit on all PPC machines, correct? And according to
http://penguinppc.org/ppc64/distributions.php

Debian will not even run on the G5 MAC?

As far as I know, debian doesn't already suport ppc64 but it defenitly run on G5 machines. I have here a dual G5 2GHz running perfectly (except sound) and I had also two Xserve G5 running a few days aga (just for test purpose). On this machines I run a 64 bits kernel and I used a mix of 32 and 64 bits executables...

Hope it will help...

xavier