RE: apt-get install smtpd fails
- To: "'Cedric Pradalier'" <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: apt-get install smtpd fails
- From: "Alexander Rau (private)" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 16:47:10 -0400
- Message-id: <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAGLqhXZcJ1hGZzABQulbj4cKAAAAQAAAAhi0Uke1Zd0u1SiU5QkZakAEAAAAA@yahoo.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I tried apt-get install exim4
E: Couldn't find package exim4
How would I get it installed?
From: Cedric Pradalier [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 4:43 PM
To: Alexander Rau (private)
Subject: Re: apt-get install smtpd fails
You can use exim4 instead. It works very well here.
According to Alexander Rau (private), on Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:59:45 -0400,
>I am trying to install smtpd. I am getting the following error.
>Setting up smtpd (2.0-5) ...
>Stopping Mail Transport Agent: sendmail.
>cp: cannot stat `/lib/ld-linux.so.2': No such file or directory
>dpkg: error processing smtpd (--configure):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>Errors were encountered while processing:
>E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!" Monty Python and the Holy Grail