Re: pbbuttonsd script interface - future?

Am Freitag, 30. April 2004 11:18 schrieb Cajus Pollmeier:
> In fact I'm interested in system <-> user communication via dbus. Acpid
> doesn't need it itself because it can provide events on a filesystem
> socket, but it would be a big step towards integration of different
> systems. Its not only good for powermanagement. Hotpluging needs
> communication to the users side, too. [But I'm not aware of good solutions
> for that in debian. Correct me if I'm wrong ;-)]

I recently have had a look to d-bus and it looks like something I already
built into pbbuttonsd to communicate with clients. But my IPC interface is
not as complicated and complex. I made only a glimpse and I have no idea yet
how powerfull d-bus already is or will be but if this protokoll had a chance
to become common I would think about changing pbbuttonsd to support d-bus.

But I think the possibility to react on certain events in a shell script will
be needed for a long time because nothing is easier to handle even from
persons not very familiar with programming.

 Best Regards
   Matthias