Re: iBook G4 suspend

Reply to the mail from Guido Guenther (agx@debian.org):

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 03:50:08PM +0200, Arne Caspari wrote:
> > Note also that this is after I re-inserted an "#ifdef CONFIG_X86" in include/linux/suspend.h
> > since it says "asm/suspend.h: No such file or directory" otherwise.
> Argh, it seems subversion is as dumb as cvs when it comes to new files.
> Try the attached one, it has include/asm-ppc/suspend.h as well as
> arch/ppc/kernel/pmdisk.S. Hope there's nothing else missing.
> Cheers,
>  -- Guido

Thanks, Guido!

Now it compiles. I have put "resume=/dev/hda3" ( my swap partition ) to
the yaboot.conf ( and yes, called ybin ).

But if I type "echo disk >/sys/power/state", nothing happens. Not even a log entry.

Should there be a kernel log on startup saying that suspend is available?
What else can I try?

Thanks,

 -Arne