Re: pbbuttonsd script interface - future?

Am Mittwoch, 28. April 2004 17:44 schrieb Guido Guenther:
> Dear maintainers of a piece of power management infrastructure,
> recently a discussion started on debian-ppc on how to better integrate
> the different power management solutions within Debian. Please have a
> look at the thread starting at:

Sorry for beeing late. acpid is fine with use of /etc/power. I've to create a
small wrapper for that. Just tell me the specs :-)

In fact I'm interested in system <-> user communication via dbus. Acpid
doesn't need it itself because it can provide events on a filesystem socket,
but it would be a big step towards integration of different systems. Its not
only good for powermanagement. Hotpluging needs communication to the users
side, too. [But I'm not aware of good solutions for that in debian. Correct me
if I'm wrong ;-)]

Cajus