Re: pbbuttonsd script interface - future?

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 03:18:03PM -0400, Chris Hanson wrote:
> Another thing to think about is whether D-BUS ought to be used for
> this purpose.  Several recently designed event frameworks have been
> built around this, including udev and hal.
Yes, I was about to suggest dbus for notifying the logged in users that
the system is going to suspend now (so the screensaver can kick in,
etc.), I don't know enough about dbus yet to implement this though.

> I agree with Thomas that trying to reuse apmd_proxy is the wrong
> solution.  It makes sense that there be a common event framework for
This wasn't ment to be the final solution, just to keep backwards
compatibility.
> power-management events, but that framework doesn't belong in apmd; it
> belongs in powermgmt-base.  I'd be happy to incorporate such a
> framework if there is some consensus about its design.
Great.
 -- Guido