Re: Xeasyconf?

I've been trying the dpkg way (xeasyconf fails with many unresolved
errors) to configure xfree. The system blanks the screen and comes back
with the dreaded "no screen found" error. I need a working XF86Config-4
file for an iMac. Here are my responses to the dpkg screens:

I select the "ati" drive.
I select "ATI Technologies Rage 128 Pro TR" as the video card ID.
I enter "PCI:0:16:0" as my BusID (lspci says the decimal output is
0:10.0)
I say "yes" to the framebuffer (have also tried "no")
I say "Advanced" for monitor characteristics (66Hz refresh;75-117Hz
vert. refresh)
I pick 1024X768 as the screen size with 16-bit color-depth.

What am I missing? Every other linux distro -- YDL, Mandrake, Gentoo --
have set-up X-Windows in minutes; Debian takes days, or even weeks.

Thanks.

Ed

http://www.rdg.mirror.ac.uk/sites/www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/distfiles/xeasyconf-0.1.5.tar.gz/xeasyconf-0.1.5/Xeasyconf?extract=true