clock wrong

Hello again all. Another strange n00b issue I need help fixing. I've noticed
that my system clock has been incorrect for several days, and I have been unable
to fix it. I did date -s "correct time" (with the correct numbers, of course,
and then also set the hwclock to the system clock. The clock then displayed the
correct time, but when I rebooted, it was back to the old time again. I have the
clock set to local time instead of global, and I'm running a dual boot system
with OS X. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again,
Derek