Re: swsusp/pmdisk status on ppc?

Le Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 23:57:37 +0200, Michel Dänzer a écrit:

> Your hint is appreciated as it may be useful for other issues, but the
> gnome-terminal sluggishness isn't related to disk I/O. It's likely a
> gnome-terminal/vte bug which happens to be usable with the 2.4 process
> scheduler but breaks with the 2.6 scheduler.

:). understood. too bad though, really. though i suspect this like many
other things, will be fixed sooner or later ;). a fair amount of things
either break totally or otherwise Don't Work As Well (tm) with 2.6.x
kernels, that do work well with 2.4.x. for instance, cyrus-imapd,
zephyrd, and zhm all use SO_BSDCOMPAT socketopt, which my kernel
complains is deprecated :).

--
| ,''`.   http://www.debian.org/  | http://www.nuit.ca/             |