Re: 2.6.5-rc3-ben0 freezes on old iBook

Hi,

Michael Schmitz writes:

> What's wrong with 2.6.5-rc3-ben0 and the Lombard?  I've not had to
> resort to offb, atyfb works fine.

The thing is that Sven Luther and myself are currently putting
together 2.6 kernel-image packages for powerpc.  In order to cut down
the size of the kernels, we are trying to build as many drivers as
possible as modules.  The idea was to build only offb into the kernel,
and load the accelerated framebuffers as modules if desired.
Unfortunately, this didn't work out for radeonfb, aty128fb and atyfb,
and I am still testing rivafb but strongly suspect it is not going to
work as a module either.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!