Re: 2.6.5-rc3-ben0 freezes on old iBook

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 17:46, Arnaud FONTAINE wrote:
> The video chip of my iBook is a mach64; below the lpsci output
> .../..
>
> Thanks for helping me

Unfortunately, I know little about the mach64 driver. Make sure you
have CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE set. In the worst case (we can't get
the driver to work) you still have the option of using offb in console,
XFree has its own driver that should work. For that, use the "novideo"
option in yaboot.conf (or append video=ofonly to your kernel command
line).

As for "fixing" the atyfb driver, you should post your report to the
linux-fbdev mailing list

Ben.