Re: X problem ibook 2.2
- To: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Cc: Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Debian PowerPC <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: X problem ibook 2.2
- From: Sven Luther <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:30:44 +0200
- Message-id: <20040417173044.GA5740@pegasos>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20040408150920.GB24944@lambda> <email@example.com> <20040408153115.GB25197@lambda> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040413060256.GA8230@lambda> <email@example.com> <20040415171224.GA13691@pegasos> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040415180430.GA31401@pegasos> <email@example.com>
On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 07:19:07PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 20:04, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 07:19:11PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 19:12, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > > On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 02:56:24PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > That was before i loaded the agpgart module first. When i do that, X
> > > > works fine, but there is no DRI.
> > >
> > > Then I suspect you didn't apply the patch correctly.
> > Yeah, possible. Could you have a quick look ?
> I don't see offhand what the problem is. I assume you've verified that
> the new code actually gets compiled in?
I will have to check, but i don't see why it shouldn't.
That said the 2.6.5 kernel we are preparing has a nicely working DRI on
my ibook G3, so probably the sane solution would be to go with a 2.6
kernel by default on ppc, i am sure you and benh, and others would much
prefer that :)
Are you aware of any counter indication ?