Compiling 2.4.25 Kernel

Hi

I have recently installed a Debian distribution on my iBook, and I wanted to upgrade my kernel, so I have downloaded Mr. Herrenschmidt's work from http://www.ppckernel.org/, and tried to compile the iBook Kernel from 2.4 BenH tree. I launched make xconfig, then make-kpkg binary, but I obtained only 3 files, and especially the kernel_image...deb was lacking. I then decided to do it again with fakeroot make-kpkg ... kernel_image, and there the compilation stopped because of :

cp : cannot stat `arch/ppc/boot/images/vmlinux.coof' : no such file or directory
make[1] : *** [real_stamp_image] Error 1
make[1] : leaving directory `/usr/local/src/src-linux-2.4-benh'

Have you already met such a problem, or do you have an idea of how to solve it ?

Thanks in advance.

Quentin Decavel