Re: iBook screen cloning.

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 03:34, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> OoO La  nuit ayant déjà recouvert d'encre  ce jour du jeudi 19 février
> 2004, vers 23:40, Juan Pablo Mendoza <jpablo@gnome.org> disait:
>
> > So i have the screen cloning working in my ibook g3 800Mhz  with a
> > hacked X to hardcode some values from the radeonfb sources and
> > everything works nice.
>
> Could you please give some details about this ?

I used this patch (to dri-trunk-sid) and X config file:

http://linuxuanl.org/~jpablo/stuff/ibook-screen/

The patch is a quick and dirty hack, i will try to work in a better
solution based in Ben sugestion later.

Note that mirroring will always be active, a better behavoir will be
than X detects when you plug a external monitor and then active
mirroring based on negotiation with the device (to get good model line).

--
Juan Pablo Mendoza <jpablo@gnome.org>
Monterrey, Nuevo León. México.