Re: internal microphone ibook g4

Colin Leroy wrote:
i wonder if someone got the internal microphone working.
If i record from /dev/dsp i can hear loud random noise
and my voice very very quiet. When i increase the record level
(like gain) with PCM, the random noise rises, too.
In alsamixer i have no special microphone device, so i dont know
if i am recording from the speakers or from the microphone.

Im running 2.6.3-rc3-ben1 and try to rip with
'rec -r 44100 -d /dev/dsp -c 2 test.wav'

Don't you need -x ? (big endian)

I get the same result when recording with -x

cheers,
clee
--
moqua [at] gmx.net