Re: Xfree86 from unstable

OoO Pendant le temps de midi du  vendredi 20 février 2004, vers 12:58,
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> disait:

>> I have tried the XFree86  4.3.0-2 from unstable with  my iBook 700. It
>> works fine until   I tried  some dual head   setup.  First, it  clones
>> automagically the display, but the chosen frequency is very low and my
>> external LCD screen  displays a distorted  image.  The console is then
>> cloned  too, with the  same distortion.  If I try   to get dual  head,
>> either 1024x768 or 1280x1024 with my working setup,  I get a yellowish
>> image.

> The yellow image is a known bug, Michel has a fix in his tree.

I was  not clear enough.  Everything  is  working fine  with  Michel's
tree. My main question is  "are the lines of  code that make X working
with   dri-trunk are identified  and will   be pushed into  mainstream
tree".
--
Don't over-comment.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)