Re: 2.6.3: dmasound_pmac: Unknown symbol pmac_xpram_read

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 21:09, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> > Hello Ben,
> >
> > After compiling 2.6.3 vanilla and rebooting, trying to load DMASOUND_PMAC gives
> > me the following error, which I've never see before:
> >
> > dmasound_pmac: Unknown symbol pmac_xpram_read
> >
> > Where is that missing symbol supposed to be coming from?  Any config option I
> > should have enabled but that I might have skipped, perhaps?
>
> Hrm... check CONFIG_GENERIC_NVRAM

Could not be found anywhere in menuconfig.  However, CONFIG_NVRAM worked.
Thanks! :)

I guess this makes CONFIG_DMASOUND_PMAC dependant upon CONFIG_NVRAM.
Could the config scripts take care of this dependency?

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/