Re: iMac things

Some more comments:

> > > The power button. It currently does nothing. How do I trap it? (My
> > > lusers are unable to cope with the concept of shutting down, so it has
> > > been on the receiving end of some not-so-gentle power-offs.) It would
> > > be quite handy to do suspends too. Problem is, I have no idea what
> > > packages to use, or how it all works.
[...]
> > > apmd thinks it's on battery power (and so anacron won't fire on
> > > bootup).
> >
> > Dunno how it figures that out ...
>
> apmd might be the wrong tool to use here. Try pmud.

On second thought, both might be the wrong tool. The iMac just might not
play well with pmud either. In that case I'd remove both the apmd and pmud
packages.

Suspend to disk is supported by a patch by BenH (unofficial) in 2.6. I've
not yet tried that on an iMac, though. Either way, what you need is a
small app similar to pbbuttonsd that runs shutdown or suspend when the
power button is pressed. Adapting pbbuttonsd might be the quickest way to
get this done.

	Michael