Re: Apple iBook G4 & GNU/Linux (Debian) compatibility?

> - sleep mode: whereas previous iBooks had perfect Linux support
> for suspend, it doesn't (yet?) work on the newer G4. Any information on
> the development status? In short, is there any hope for a sleep support
> in the future? Is it scheduled? Etc.

not (yet). Missing info about how to reboot the radeon chip. BenH could
get them real soon or a bit later. So yes, it's scheduled. In the meantime
we survive using shutdown ;-)

> - Airport Extreme: not working, and apparently, might never work
> (no drivers, no specs, uncaring broadcom company). Any information on an
> open-source driver/work-around (with binary driver from OS X or
> something!?)?

Nope, nothing yet, could never work.

> - no PCMCIA slot: I need wireless connectivity, and if I can't
> have Airport Extreme work, I'd like to be able to use my PCMCIA WiFi
> cards, at least! Does anyone know of an USB to PCMCIA converter that
> works with GNU/Linux? Or any other solution that would allow me to use
> PCMCIA on those iBooks?

I don't know, but I know that there are some USB Wifi adapters that work.
HTH,
--
Colin