Re: atyfb broken in linux-2.6.3-rc2-ben1 and later kernels

> > It worked fine until the latest framebuffer merges (of course without
> > CONFIG_FB_ATY_GENERIC_LCD, which did not exist before the merges).
>
> In 2.4, CONFIG_FB_ATY_GENERIC_LCD depends on ia32.

We should fix that indeed. I found other problems with the "new"
atyfb from James tree (which is what is in 2.6.3-ben at the moment).

I fixed some (maybe not pushed yet) but it's unclear what's really
going on (the wait_for_idle calls I added shouldn't be necessary,
I lockup without them, and still had once lockup in console with them,
though I can't reproduce now).
It seems something dodgy is going on with the accel code that got added
to this driver in 2.6.

Ben.