Please advise iBook/Powerbook purchase

I'm a very happy iBook user on Debian testing. I use the fluxbox and
performance is fine for my uses (95% xterms + firefox). However my
screen is giving out and I need another machine. The ability for it to
sleep and wireless support is a major concern. Apart from that I don't
have many other needs (CD optional, firewire/usb support nice to have
but not essential). I'm thinking of picking up a second-hand machine
from Small Dog.

I'd be grateful for some advice for an iBook or powerbook that will meet
my needs and has got good Debian support.

Alternatively I would consider a small and elegantly made (but robust!?)
PC laptop if this seems advisable.

My existing machine specs
    cpu             : 750CX
    temperature     : 0-3 C (uncalibrated)
    clock           : 499MHz
    revision        : 34.20 (pvr 0008 2214)
    bogomips        : 996.14
    machine         : PowerBook4,1
    motherboard     : PowerBook4,1 PowerBook2,2 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
    detected as     : 257 (iBook 2)
    pmac flags      : 0000000b
    L2 cache        : 256K unified
    memory          : 256MB