Re: Supported systems (Was: Apple PowerMac G5)

On 2004-02-17 11:31:13 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> The g5 is now well supported.

Could you tell us more, please?

On <http://www.ppcnerds.org/displayarticle64.html> (found with Google),
I can read:

    Debian is known to have a full working ppc64 port, isos are
    downloadable from their site. The limit of usability is always in
    the kernel, that at the moment does not support all the features
    one would like to get from the G5 (one of the more popular
    problems is the fan control, as an example). Debian is always a
    good choice for its apt-get system and for the great work debian
    developers do.

However, fan control is very important. I'm very interested in buying
a dual-G5, but I want a silent machine...

Is there a web page that says what is supported exactly and what isn't?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International