Re: Inexistent modem device in 2.4.21-powerpc FireWire iBook?

Em Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:08:28 +0200, Sven Luther escreveu:

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 07:45:17PM +0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:
>> Em Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:32:16 +0200, Sven Luther escreveu:
>>
>> > BTW, removing the parport module from your /etc/modules may be enough i
>> > think, no need to remove it, as it will be there again next time you
>> > upgrade the kernel. You would have to reboot anyway, as the module seems
>> > to be dead, and thus cannot be unloaded.
>>
>> 	I think I wasn't clear enough, I did manage to unload both lp
>> and parport by doing it in the right order.  No PPC-specific black
>> magic, just my lack of knowledge paired with a lousy user interface...
>> and no need to reboot!
>
> Well, but if you don t want to have it loaded next time, remove them
> from /etc/modules.

	Interestingly enough neither parport nor lp are there... I and only
rmmod'ded them.  When I entered modconf, they weren't there anymore either.

--
 _   Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra     +41 (21) 648 11 34
/ \  http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/         +41 (78) 778 11 34