Re: debootstrap error with the netinstall image of 13-feb

Sven Luther wrote:

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 11:35:51PM +0100, Bob Hentges wrote:

Hi all,

I just tried to install Linux on an iMac [17'', 1 Ghz G4, 768 MB Ram]of mine, using the new netinstall-image of the 13-feb. It works just very well until at some point it just seems like "crashing":

Installing base system into /target/ failed. Check /target/var/log/debootstrap.log and /target/var/log/debootstrap.err.log for the details.

Are you installing testing or unstable ? I guess you are trying to
install testing, which may not yet have the fixed version of
debootstrap. Try installing unstable.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

Sorry for not answering your question in the first mail. Yes, I tried to
install the sarge/testing image of [1].

[1] http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/powerpc/20040213/

--
Bob Hentges                           |     .''`.
http://bob.hentges.lu/                |    : :'  :