Re: debootstrap error with the netinstall image of 13-feb

Sven Luther wrote:

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 11:35:51PM +0100, Bob Hentges wrote:

Hi all,

I just tried to install Linux on an iMac [17'', 1 Ghz G4, 768 MB Ram]of mine, using the new netinstall-image of the 13-feb. It works just very well until at some point it just seems like "crashing":

Installing base system into /target/ failed. Check /target/var/log/debootstrap.log and /target/var/log/debootstrap.err.log for the details.

Are you installing testing or unstable ? I guess you are trying to
install testing, which may not yet have the fixed version of
debootstrap. Try installing unstable.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

Thank you, I will try it, thought I got a "little" problem, as I haven't
got a clue on where to find a "sid" netinstall image. Searching a bit on
[1] and i found a folder called "sid_d-i/". Now as my bandwidth is
rather slow, and because the images are called afterwords [2] sarge***
could you please tell me if those images [2] are sid images or not. And
if it are no sid images: where can i find some ?
I have searched a bit over the net, and found [3]. Now those are really
_big_ for me as they got about 640 mb each. Even thought I guess I will only need the first one, I am not that interested in downloading a mere 640 MB of data if it is possible to get it easier. ( rem. 640 mb take me about 7 to 8 hours... )

[1] http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/
[2] http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sid_d-i/powerpc/20040214/
[3] ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/sid

--
Bob Hentges                           |     .''`.
http://bob.hentges.lu/                |    : :'  :