Re: Burning CD's on TiBook IV

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 02:26:14AM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> Actually: yes. I was looking for a GUI based app.  I found
> nautilus-cd-burner, which, as I wrote, didn't do what I expected.

I'm afraid I can't offer any first-hand advice regarding GUI-based CD
writing apps, as I've only used cdrecord thus far. I've heard good
things about "K3b", though, which is a KDE-based app. Judging by
apt-cache's output, it only requires kdelibs, not the entire desktop
framework. Might be worth a look.

<http://www.k3b.org/>

> have to set up some config stuff first. Even before I can run *any* GUI
> based stuff. Or that's at least what I'd expect now .... More on it in
> my answer on digger's message in this thread.

What sort of issues are you running into? I don't recall having to do
much of anything to get the combo drive working in my PB Titantium III
beyond the addition of "ide-scsi" in /etc/modules, and "hdc=ide-scsi" to
the boot args in my yaboot.conf.

Paul