Re: Debian on a RS6000 43P-150

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 04:33:56AM -0500, Kjell Andersson wrote:
> Hi !
> Can i boot a RS 6000 43P-150 from one of the CD's ? and if so what CD ?
> or is there a boot floppy for these machines ?
> I have managed to install SUSE 7.1 and than i used a bootable CD for that !

Try the vmlinuz-2.4.22-powerpc-chrp-rs6k debian-installer image at
people.debian.org/~luther/d-i. And boot it with the devfs=mount option.

It is not sure that the kernel will work on these boxes, but i am
currently working on that.

Also, if you use yaboot, maybe you could try one of the powerpc-pmac
daily builds. make sure you get the unstable branch, and not the beta2
though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther