Re: Imac 17''

An Metet wrote:

Hi

recently I tried to install debian on an iMac 17'' (flat screen) and I
found a lot of trouble (modem, some keys, video card): can you tell me
where I could find some informations?

I for myself have tried to install Debian on my 17'' iMac. I must say that the new beta 2 installer worked very well. But as well as you, I got some problems to get x to run.

Here [1] is a working config file for the X Server. It might however not be written in a very "nice" way.

I have never tested the modem so far, as it isn't of any importance for me.

If you would provide us with a little bit of information regarding the "some keys" that are not working, we could have a deeper look into it.

Also would it be very interesting to get to know which imac you own. the one with 1 ghz g4, or the one with the 1.25 ghz g4.

[1] http://bob.hentges.lu/configs/imac17/XF86Config-4

( CC as I don't know wether you are subscribed or not )

--
Bob Hentges                           |     .''`.
http://bob.hentges.lu/                |    : :'  :