Re: rivafb on 12" pbook

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 10:09:05AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Can you go the whole way and kill the switch/case for arch too ?
Hmmm. I'd rather not. riva_get_arch() seems reliable (and we can keep in
sync with XFee86 easily so we don't trip on wrong RIVA_ARCH bugs as I
did recently). I don't see any additional benefit from encoding these in
the pci_dev structure. Having information such as 2 Crts, etc in there
would be very good though.
While were at this: is there any benefit of having riva_chips encoded in
pci_dev? We have the riva.{Architecture,Chipset} already. So can we kill
this and keep the room for something "useful" in there, thereby removing
the need of keeping riva_chips and rivafb_pci_tbl in sync?
 -- Guido