Re: accentuated character

Le Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 03:22:18AM +0100, IoGuiX ''JGuillaume de Rorthais a écrit :
>Hello,
>
>On my iBook G4, I have no accentuated character...Under X, they are
>replaced by square and under a console, it's just some strange characters...

What's your locale setting ? If it's fr_FR@euro, do you have the
-transcoded fonts installed ?

>I try to configure my keyboard with dpkg-reconfigure for the
>xserver-xfree86 and console-common but I didn't find a solution...
>Moreover, my keyboard is different between a console and X (ex.: I
>havn't '|' under X with shift-alt-l as under console :-/ )...

Well, I'm using a different keymap for the console that the one provided
by console-data. And my X keyboard config is also one I got from the web
and modified a bit, so that's it's more faithful to OS X's behavior.

>on this page :http://www.de.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes , they
>talk about the CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES option...I don't know if it still
>exist under 2.6, but It doesn't set in my kernel config file. I use a
>2.6.1-ben1...

I don't think this has anything to do with this, but I never encountered
this problem myself (as I always paid attention :)

>I use a french azerty keyboard...

Me too, on an iBook G3, and the only thing that may have changed would be
some keycodes for the brightness/volume/eject key.

Please take a look at http://twolife.org/debian/ibook.php .
I also put my X keymap at http://brebis.org/debian/ibook/fr_new-luk

HTH,
--
Lucas Moulin <lucas at brebis dot org>
"When one makes twenty million, ten thousand people lose" - NOFX