Re: accentuated character

Hi,

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:22:18 +0100
"IoGuiX ''JGuillaume de Rorthais\"" <ioguix@free.fr> wrote:

> On my iBook G4, I have no accentuated character...Under X, they are
> replaced by square and under a console, it's just some strange
> characters...
This is probably a font problem : you can change the fonts used by the
console in /etc/console-tools/config, and for XTerm in your
~/.Xresources.
I'm surprised that you don't even get normal iso8859-1 chars -- thought
it was the default at installation

> on this page :http://www.de.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes , they
> talk about the CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES option...I don't know if it
> still exist under 2.6, but It doesn't set in my kernel config file. I
> use a 2.6.1-ben1...
This option is obsolete since 2.4... I doubt it would do something good
to set it in 2.6.

You may have more luck asking this question to an i18n list, such as
debian-l10n-french. This isn't quite powerpc-specific.

--
Simon Vallet
Due to massive spam, the address shown in the From: header