Re: rivafb on 12" pbook

>  A note of warning, however.  The next generation of chips will not
> be following this formula, so there will need to be more exceptions
> made.  In an upcoming "nv" driver I will be going back to a scenario
> like:

Or (for rivafb) do something more like what I did in the new radeonfb,
that is use the data field of the PCI table to encode the architecture
along with some flags (like is dual head, etc...) for each chip ID, and
kill those redundant 3 tables we have. I also think we should get rid
of the ASCII names in the kernel driver. We have the PCI database for
this, which is an optional feature of the kernel, ultimately, naming
is a userland issue.

Ben.