Re: Strange modem prob on pismo

> Since it isn't the modem hardware, I'm guessing that I need a
> different initialization string? However OS 9 doesn't seem to give any
> useful way of finding what init string is being used.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions as to:
> 1) How to get the init string from OS 9

Look at the "Modem Scripts" in the MacOS system folder, and edit
the one for this modem with a text editor.

> 2) What init string to use under linux

The same as MacOS if possible ;)

> 3) Other possible causes solutions?

A common problem is that the modem takes some time to power up (up
to 2 seconds). It powers up when the port is opened. However, the
dialers tend to usually expect that the modem replies to the first
"AT" command right away and thus will timeout.

You can play with the dialer timeout values, that usually helps.

Ben.