Re: Re : Re : G5 Xserver or Sun Blade 1500

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 08:31:19AM +0100, xavier grave wrote:
> >Xavier. Could you send me the .config of the kernel you use ? Do you
> >have to enable anything special for the G5 (i suppose that there is a
> >G5
> >processor option, like there is a power3 and power4 one, but you
> >cannot
> >use the 60x/75x/74xx option).
> Ok, for the config file, for those interested I also already have a
> .deb file.
>
> I'm using a 32bits kernel I think, but I am ready to test a 64bits
> kernel but I don't know where to find it, when I have time I will ask
> Benh.

Well, i guess the problem is that debian doesn't yet have the 64bit
toolchain.

> I'm using this command to fetch my kernel :
> rsync -avz --delete source.mvista.com::linuxppc-2.5-benh benh_kernel

Ok, i will use the -benh tree for the next set of 2.4 kernels i release.
The difficult part is to get the right snapshot, but i am working on it.

> # Processor
> #
> # CONFIG_6xx is not set
> # CONFIG_40x is not set
> # CONFIG_44x is not set
> # CONFIG_POWER3 is not set
> CONFIG_POWER4=y

Ok, so it uses the POWER4 processor option, nice. This means i only have
to add two configs/flavours, power3 and power4. Err, maybe this needs to
be 4 of them, since each of them would like the SMP version or the
standard one.

Friendly,

Sven Luther