Re: AirportExtreme on albook G4 15"

* Chris Anderson (chris@simoniac.com) [2004-01-14 18:44]:
> If I recall correctly, there is currently no way to use the Airport
> Extreme card in linux. However, since you have a powerbook you can get
> an original Airport card and use that without any problems.

..... And if you do choose this setup, please let me know if you
experience 'drop outs' between the Airport card and the basestation.
I have the above setup and frequently experience these messages in my
log:

NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
eth1: Tx timeout! ALLOCFID=ffff, TXCOMPLFID=ffff, EVSTAT=8000
eth1: Unknown information frame received (type f202).
eth1: Unknown information frame received (type f202).
eth1: New link status: Connected (0001)

Loads of those, network disappears, and comes back. Sometimes many times
per minute.

Kernel is currently:  2.6.0-test11, but I've experienced since the OSX
upgrade that also trashed Yaboot.

--
Jesper L. Nielsen
http://phunkbros.dk