Re: Kernel2.4.20 & PowerbookG3 Lombard awakening hiccup

At 17:31 Uhr +0200 12.08.2003, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 16:35, Christian Jaeger wrote:
 At 16:05 Uhr +0200 12.08.2003, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
 >Can you verify if moving atyfb from 2.4.18 to 2.4.21 helps with sleep ?

 You mean using the following files from 2.4.18?:
 ./drivers/video/aty128.h
 ./drivers/video/aty128fb.c
 > ./drivers/video/aty/atyfb.h
 > ./drivers/video/aty/atyfb_base.c

You don't need aty128, but yes, the atyfb ones. Maybe more files, I'm
not sure, I think the driver changed from a single file to a folder
with several...

The number and paths of the *aty* files have stayed the same.

Yesterday, I have "forward-ported" the aty/atyfb.h, aty/atyfb_base.c and aty/mach64_cursor.c (in the first two, I have reverted all changes except the ATARI ones manually, the last I have simply copied). Today I had a blackout upon wakeup again. Thus it looks like it's not aty related.

BTW the blackouts generally happen, when I press more than one key for waking it up (the lombard does not wakeup just by opening the lid (which is ok for me), it needs some key press), and it has been aslept for at least about an hour. (It does also happen when it is connected to power, so it's probably not a lack of power.)

So I now suspect usb.

 > In my .config:
 > CONFIG_USB_OHCI=y

Try without...

Hmm, I will not be able to use any usb device afterwards, right? Is the keyboard ADB and not USB? (I'm also usually using an usb mouse, but could live for a few days without it if I must.)

I've looked at the usb_ohci* files, they have changed their position (they moved into a subfolder "host/" inside drivers/usb/), and there are more differences than in the aty code, so it will probably be some work/trial and error. Maybe I'll try to forward port it, but I don't have the time at the moment.

Thanks,
Christian.