Re: brother hl-1440 on usb with CUPS

Am Die, 2003-06-24 um 21.17 schrieb Matt Price:

> ---- something missing? ------
> D [24/Jun/2003:12:10:04 -0400] /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip: No such file or directory
[snip]
> so, seemed like we needed foomatic-rip, which wasn't installed... so I
> installed every package with the name "foomatic" in the title, and now
> it's printing!
this file is in foomatic-filters

> Unfortunately, it's NOT printing perfectly.  there seems to be some
> kind of package incompatibility in sid, though, so I may try to use
> testing packages for now.
what's going wrong?
> ... /usr/sbin/enable isn't installed, and I didn't find it in the
> debian package file search.  what does it do?
it's /usr/bin/enable and the argument is not the device as the previos
poster suggested but the printer name
/usr/bin/enable printer_name enables printing on this printer, disabled
printers still accept jobs (see below)

> > you can also try
> > /usr/sbin/accept /dev/usb/lp0
>
> .. this does exist, but returns the following:
> matts-mac:~# /usr/sbin/accept /dev/usb/lp0
> accept: Operation failed: client-error-not-found
It could not find the printer /dev/usb/lp0, use the printer name not the
device it is attached.
accept and reject set printers to accept/reject new jobs.

gaudenz